Skip to main content

Online Safety

We love using the iPads in class to assess our knowledge of how to stay safe online. 

Take  a look at our Online Usage Agreement: 
  1. I will always ask permission before I use the internet at home. 
  2. I will not send personal information about me or my family to anyone whom I encounter online without my parent's/guardian's permission (including names, pictures, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, names of sports clubs and schools), regardless of how nice and fun this person seems. 
  3. I will tell my parents/guardians or teachers about any upsetting or frightening material I find online. 
  4. I will share all the fun material I find online with my parents/guardians. 
  5. I will keep my password a secret.I will not even tell my best friend. 
  6. I will not meet, in person, anyone I meet online unless my parents/guardians are with me. 
  7. I will treat others online the same way as I would like to be treated. 
  8. I will follow these rules regardless of where I am online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Class Wins First Place in Art Competition!

  Our 3rd Class has won First Place in the Calf & Cuckoo Art Competition !   Their artwork, created as part of the Burrenbeo Trust’s place-based learning programme, was showcased during the Winterage Weekend Cattle Drive at Irish Natural Stone in the Burren. The judges were deeply impressed by the students’ knowledge of the Burren landscape and their creative expression of what makes our place special. This is a fantastic achievement and the children were delighted to hear the news! We’ll receive a class prize and the students’ artwork back in the spring, along with a school visit and field trip later in the year.

Science Week as Gaeilge

Third Class were invited by Ms. Burke to the Fifth and Sixth Class classroom to ask questions as Gaeilge about the wonderful creations made by the students. We asked questions such as “Cé mhéad seomra atá i do theach? Cén seomra is fearr leat? An bhfuil aon scáthán/seomra spraoi/áiléar i do theach? Inis dom faoi do theach.” Tá na daltaí i Rang a Cúig agus Rang a Sé iontach ag labhairt faoina gcuid tithe. Maith sibh agus go raibh míle maith agaibh as an gcuireadh .

Science Fair during Science Week 2025

Third Class had a wonderful science fair during Science Week! All classes came to visit and thoroughly enjoyed the day. The children created scientific questions and prepared their experiments. Each group displayed the materials needed and explained the procedure to visitors so that they could recreate the experiments at home.